Monday, September 14, 2009

lost world

(1)
There was a time when I played the violin,
When I too, like you, was engrossed
In that which I beheld as beauty in my eyes.

There was a time when there was love
And friends all around;
Friends from whom I heard and whom I told stories.

There was a time when I told stories
Of faries, princesses and romance,
They loved them and I loved reading them.

I went on until.... I came accross a story-
A story that told of me .
I had done no harm to anyone,
But, the story went otherwise.

I enjoyed with friends all around, but-
The story said I was so surrounded by friends that
I couldn't see beyond.

Beyond- where the real stage was set,
Where demons were raping angels,
Where powerful vampires were sucking human blood,
There teeth deeply rooted in the throats
Of people I noticed but never knew.
Blood was oozing and flowed in the streets.

They were crying for help, but
The music, the music of my violin
Didn't let me hear them.

"But was it my fault!!!!"
"yes and no", said the story.
Yes, because I didn't go to help them.
Yes, because I was selfishly ignorant.
Yes, because I didn't fight
And no- because there were others like me.

(2)
I peeped through those who surrounded me,
All the story said was true.
I felt restless, impatient- I wanted to help.

I tried to convince my friends to accompany me
As they did before in my joyous days, but-
They left.

I asked each of them "Why?"
They said and they said true,
"Your violin is musical no more,
And your stories are not romantic"
Now I could see all around
As all those surrounded me had left.
I could see it all-
The fire, the blood, the gunpowder, treason.....
And flocks of friends with music and stories.

I went to each group and cried, but-
Their music wont let my voice be heard.
They had their backs turned towards the stage,
The smoke was hypnotic to the friends,
The fire drew its fuel from pages of books,
Those that told of my friends.

(3)
I played violin no more,
I didn't hate my friends though,
For their books were being burnt, they won't realize.
I went to the angels who had been raped,
There was a new breed-
They sold themselves to be free from torture.
Those raped hated and shouted slogans against them.

I went to the pale bodies,
From whom the vampires had sucked blood,
They could no longer see or hear- they were poisoned.

Then at last I met a lot-
They had gathered together to end the vulgarity of oppression.
I went to join them and Oh!
What a pity it was- they were fighting amongst each other as to
How to end, how to end, how to end.

1 comment:

Ananta Prasad said...

Wonderfully put. Keep on writing .........