Friday, February 13, 2009

I wish I could talk

Some months ago,
In a hazy, misty, moonless night,
On my unending perilous journey,
I lay couched with cold,
Smoking in my van,
My tyres changing.

Didn't like where I came from,
Knew wouldn't like where I was heading to,
Still, eagerly awaiting my van to start.

You came like morning's sun,
Bright, red, rejuvenating-
The night fled, mist vapoured,
The warmth grew and grew and grew
Until it was noon.
I was liking where I was,
For you shed light on a beautiful world,
A world full of colours, flowers and scent,
And I was in love.

Reality had to daunt though,
It was, then, an evening filled with nostalgia,
And then night again- it's Valentine's tonight,
My van's ready to start-
I wish I could talk
To you and only you sun-
'Will you ever return?
Will you be with me,
That the world around me
Continues to be colourful with your dazzle?'

No comments: