Sunday, November 30, 2008

bleeding angel

You found it nobler, in the minds, to suffer,
The slings and arrows of outrageous love,
Oh my dearest,
Oh! My poor angel.

Your heart is pierced with the spear,
And pangs of pain, I know, shock you.
But, you bear it with a smile,
A smile,
As sweet as nothing comparable for them,
A smile,
As bitter as nothing comparable for you,
A smile that veils your bleeding heart.

They see the bright smile,
The brightness,
The halo around you,
But I see you and your bleeding heart.

Once I gave you my heart,
And made myself what they call- heartless,
They call me a heartless demon,
So I am.
But, by my virtue or vice,
I know not what my love for you that is,
I am condemned to weep,
To cry for your sake.
But only cry! Shall it help?

I want
To see you winged again,
With feathers as bright as a thousand suns,
To hear you sparkle again,
With a laughter as soothing as the first rains,

This desire of mine,
To see you,
To listen to that laughter,
That only echoes in my thoughts now,
Tantalises me to live, but lets you die,
For I am a heartless demon,
And it is a demon that desires,
And by this,
I have no right on the angel from my lost paradise,
On someone as beautiful and as noble as you.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

....wordsworth wud hav wondered why he didnt write this.......no match for the expressive openness,truely u got me intoxicated with this one...keep up the great work!!!!

Ananta Prasad said...

The only question that comes to mind.
The muse ???

Unknown said...

This is the first time I liked a poem without rhyme. At the first glance it was difficult to read between the lines but it touched my heart.

Pooja said...

beautiful!!!

dat's it...i hav no more words...